The Indefatigable Class ship is a Tri-vector Assault vehicle, it separates into three fully-capable sections while in Vector-Assault mode. All three sections maintain power, supplies and crew for operations of up to 1 year in the event that the other sections are destroyed in combat, and all contain the necessary command functions (bridge, engineering, etc) to retain full autonomy. However, the Saucer Section does not possess Warp capability.
|Starships of the class in service:|
|The Indefatigable Class is the latest in a series of designs by the Advanced Starship Design Bureau (ASDB) to increase the response times of ships in high-danger situations and increase survivability. Their primary defense classification is Battleship, reflecting their capability to split into effectively 3 semi-independent starships of high strength. Such vessels are capable of causing a massive amount of damage to an enemy vessel or installation, followed by a quick return to Federation-controlled space if need be. The Indefatigable Class has been designed with high-yield advanced weaponry to fit its assignment as Battleship and the cutting-edge of defenses to ensure maximum crew survival during combat.|
|The Indefatigable Class Design Project was begun soon after the launch of the Keltoi Class to be the centerpiece of the Starfleet combat fleet. The design team incorporated many changes to the prototype with the success of the Keltoi Class Heavy Battle Cruiser, and the first combat variant of the Indefatigable Class was launched two years later under heavy secrecy. The war with 'rebel forces' outside of Starfleet forced the Utopia Planitia Fleet Construction Yards to launch their five prototype vessels early. Two were hijacked by forces loyal to Admiral LoDona and one was destroyed, the other two have since been fully completed and are part of the Home Defense Fleet, while several dozen more are being constructed. Lieutenant Jewort Trewe who aided on the original Indefatigable Class design team worked on the refit of the USS Dennison.|
Combat Variant Technical Specs
Available configurations (each takes six weeks to apply):
- Enhanced Deterrence Explorer
The Saucer Section:
- 10 Decks
- Powered by 2 experimental fusion reactors
- Non-Warp capable
The Engineering Sections:
- Upper Engineering has 8 Decks
- Lower Engineering has 6 Decks
- Both are warp capable.
- Length: 685 Meters.
- Height: 88 Meters.
- Decks: 24.
Warp Drive System:
- Type: Mark IV Prototype Warp drive
- Power: Matter/Antimatter with Triad Reactant Injector System (TRIS)
- 2 Mark IX Fusion Reactors (For the Saucer during Separation)
- Normal Cruising Speed (non-vector): Warp 8.
- Maximum sustainable cruise speed (non-vector): warp 9.8
- Emergency Speed (non-vector): Warp 9.975 (For 12 hours)
- Normal Cruising Speed (Vector Attack Mode): Warp 6.
- Maximum sustainable cruise speed (Vector Attack Mode): warp 8
- Emergency Speed (Vector Attack Mode): Warp 9.5 (For 12 hours)
Impulse Drive systems:
- Type: Type II Hyper Impulse Propulsion System (HIPS)
- Phaser Type: XII phaser strips
- Phaser Locations: 14 spread along various locations (6 on the Saucer, 4 each on each Engineering Section)
- Quantum Torpedoes Locations: 3 Fore, 3 Aft (1 per section)
- Quantum Complement: 400
- Photon Torpedo Locations 3 fore (one per section)
- Photon Complement - 150
- Primary Shields: Auto-Modulation Regenerative Shields
- Secondary Shields: Standard Type IV shields.
- Tertiary Shields: Standard Type 2 navigational Shields
- Amour: Standard Duranium hull, Ablative Armor covering key areas
- Tractor Beams: 1 Aft, all aspects
- Personnel Transporters: 5
- Emergency: 12
- Cargo Transporters: 4
- Officer Complement: 200.
- Enlisted Crew: 1200
- Maximum Life Support Capacity: 2500 (non-vector only).
- Type: Bio/Neural enhanced computer system
- Crew Interface Software - LCARS
- Max Range: 25 light years
- Takes 1 minute/per light year for intensive scan
- Takes 1 second/per light year for standard scan
- General scan is almost instant up to maximum range
- Cloaking Device: Type IV Federation Phase-Cloaking system (non-vector only)
- Medical Hologram: Mark II EMH.
- Holodecks: 4
Auxiliary Craft Carried
A standard Indefatigable class vessel auxiliary craft complement comprises of:
- 2x Danube Class Runabouts
- 4x Type 9 Shuttlecrafts
- 4x Type 10 Personnel Shuttle|Type 10 Shuttlecrafts
- Captain's Yacht
- 100x Escape Pods (each sustains 8 Person)
Combat Variant Deck Plans
|Deck 1:||Main Bridge, Captain's Ready Room, Conference Room|
|Deck 2:||Officers quarters, First Officer's office|
|Deck 3:||Officers quarters, Docking ports, Rec Decks (entertainment centers)|
|Deck 4:||Primary Impulse Engines , Cargo transporters, Lifeboats, Saucer engineering (level One), Fore Photon & Quantum Launchers, Torpedo Magazine|
|Deck 5:||VIP Guest Accommodations, Saucer Engineering (level two), primary impulse engines, Upper primary computer core, Emergency Sickbay|
|Deck 6:||Crew Quarters, Chief Operations officer's office, Chief Science officer's office, Transporter Rooms 1,2, High Energy Biophysics Lab, Atmospheric Physics lab, Astrometrics lab, Science Labs, EPS Support, Main computer core (level 2)|
|Deck 7:||Crew Quarters, Mess Hall, Chief Tactical Officer's office, Chief Security officer's office, Brig, Chief Conn officer's office, Fusion reactor|
|Deck 8:||Crew Quarters, Crew lounges, Counseling department, Holodecks 1-2, Hull spine conduits, EPS support|
|Deck 9:||Contingency crew quarters, Junior officers quarters, Consumables storage, RCS Thruster Quads, Operations support systems, Rear Quantum Launcher, Torpedo Storage|
Upper Engineering Section
|Deck 10:||Ten Forward, Junior officer quarters, Sickbay, Medical labs, CMO's office, Gymnasium, Consumables transfer conduit, Recycling center, Waste extraction, Upper reactant loader, Torpedo storage magazine|
|Deck 11:||Stellar Cartography, Hydroponics labs, Cargo bays 1-3, Engineering systems programming office, Deflector control systems, Docking port, Auxiliary fusion reactor, Forward Quantum & Photon Torpedo launcher (2), Captains yacht|
|Deck 12:||Primary Engineering/Saucer Umbilical Systems. RCS Thruster Ports, Temporary Crew Quarters, Battle Bridge|
|Deck 13:||Engineering crew accommodations, Cargo loading doors, Entry airlock, shuttlebay (upper hangar), Transporter Room 3|
|Deck 14:||Engineering support offices, Engineering crew accommodations, Sensor maintenance, Main Engineering, Antimatter Pod Storage & Secondary Control Systems, Shuttlebay (Lower Hangar)|
|Deck 15:||Primary Deuterium tank, Deuterium control systems, Consumables storage, Secondary Computer Core (level One), Main Deflector Dish (Level One), Main deflector field emitter|
|Deck 16:||Upper Engineering, Deuterium injectors, secondary computer core (Level 2), Tactical planning, Phaser range, MIE Auxiliary Access, Structural Integrity field systems (SIF), Emergency response/Damage control teams, Primary Environmental controls, Main Deflector Dish (Level 2), Upper Warp Nacelle Access|
|Deck 17:||Upper Engineering support, Junior officers quarters, Primary Inertial Dampening & Structural Integrity systems, Main Deflector Dish (Level 3) , computer core monitoring systems, EPS Node monitoring, Deflector signal processing, Primary Navigational Control|
Lower Engineering Section
|Deck 18:||Engineering support, Primary Main Engineering, Chief Engineer's office, Engineering labs, , Contingency crew accommodations, Fire suppression systems, Sensor maintenance, Power transfer conduits, EPS Main power distribution center|
|Deck 19:||Lower Engineering, Phaser maintenance, Sensor monitoring suites, Transporter rooms 4, Systems monitoring suites, Emergency Sickbay, Lower Warp Nacelle Access,|
|Deck 20:||Secondary Deuterium Storage Tanks and Control Systems, Lower Engineering Impulse Control, Cargo operations, EPS node monitoring, Secondary Computer Core (level 1), Battle Bridge|
|Deck 21:||Cargo Operations, High energy biophysics labs, Computer relay monitoring stations, Contingency crew accommodations, Cargo bay entry doors, Security section, Weapons storage, Secondary Cargo Bay, Secondary Computer Core (level 2), RCS Thruster Quads|
|Deck 22:||Primary Antimatter storage pods, Anti matter supply manifolds, Environmental systems monitors, Forward Photon and Quantum Launchers, Torpedo Magazine.|
|Deck 24:||Primary Antimatter loading ports, Antimatter generator, Primary Antimatter injection systems, Antimatter pods jettison hatch, Primary Warp reactor core jettison hatch, Tractor beam emitter, Aft Torpedo launcher|